Monday, July 9, 2007

July 9, 2007

This morning, Evan and I got up, got dressed, and got out early. Well, kinda early. We went to Brig's for breakfast, walked a few storefronts down and got our hairs cut, and then walked even a few more storefronts and hit the supermarket. And we were back by 11. Nice, except it is a little too early. What that means is that Evan then had all day to be bored until swim lessons. I, on the other hand, was not bored because I am still straightening up my office. I am nearly done but it is infinitely frustrating when I am trying to accomplish my office but Evan keeps making feel bad that he is bored. He wants to come into the office to play PlayStation, but he can't because he would be in the way, or he wants me to play games with him, and when I do, I get less accomplished in the office. That's all OK, I am almost done and it won't be an issue for long. Even better, once we have our garage sale at the end of the month and get rid of the boxes of things that I pulled out of the office, I will be much happier. I will have room in the garage again (oh yeah, several boxes of things from the office are now in the way in the garage instead of in the office). And once I have the room, I will build the hutch for my desk which will allow me more storage space for the little odds and ends associated with the computer. Whew!

A brighter note, we really like Evan's swim instructor, Mack. Don't ask me how he did it, because I promised to not pay attention, but he got Evan to dunk his head in the pool several times today! I know it doesn't sound like much, but we are really excited. This is a huge step for a kid who won't take a shower (he only takes baths) because he doesn't like water in his face! It is also a huge step to feeling more comfortable in the pool. It means that he won't be afraid to play in the pool with other kids and he won't miss out on that fun (like I did because I was never comfortable being submerged in the pool).

No comments: