Thursday, July 19, 2007

July 19, 2007

Not feeling too well today. But I'll get over it.

Evan and I went to breakfast this morning at Perkins. I got this new Ham and Egg wrap breakfast, disgusting. We ordered a side of bacon, there was more grease and fat than bacon. Evan and usually don't mind Perkins for breakfast, but today was not one of their better days!

I thought I might try a new hobby. I want to paint minature fantasy figurines - you know sorcerors, elves, knights, that kind of thing. I rolled into the the local shop I knew with the supplies and once I began talking to the store's owner about the craft, I decided I should research it a little more. It isn't something you can just jump into, it is quite involved. Once that gets going, I will post some pics of the figures.

I read an article today from Z Magazine. It is an interesting article. It is titled, "U.S. Atomic Bomb Test Unreported". I thought, "Hmm, that's interesting... lemme see what this is about." It is about the journalist who, in 2006, went to Japan to interview survivors of the Hiroshima bombing in 1945. As fate would have it, on one of the days he was there a huge demonstration took place in response to a US nuclear bomb test that morning in Nevada. Do we really still test nuclear weapons? Does our government really do it where winds can carry radioactive byproducts of the detonation to its citizens? If the test was underground, do they have any idea what type of effects this would have on the tectonics or on the water table? Will there be contamination? Oh, c'mon, they didn't really conduct a nuclear test, did they?

No comments: