Tuesday, August 7, 2007

August 7, 2007

Early this morning, my sister had Rotator Cuff Surgery. I spoke to her around 11am. She was still quite groggy and slurring her words. It was allowed to be funny because she still didn't feel any pain from the surgery. She is going to stay at least a few nights at our parents' house since Eric will have to go to work and Ag won't be able to do much on her own yet. Since my grandfather is still in the hospital there won't be any overcrowding in the house!

I found this article rather interesting yesterday. Rudi Guiliani's daughter will be supporting Barack Obama in the upcoming elections. According to her Facebook page, Caroline does not want her father to win the presidential election.


The temperatures here have been through the roof. It is 10:45pm here and it is still 90 degrees! You know you are in for a hot day when it is above 80 degrees at 8am. I thought I would beat the heat and tack up the wires for the speakers I installed on the deck. By noon I was back inside changing out of soaked clothes. I was soaked through to my underwear - not a pleasant feeling! It is difficult because after I drop Evan off at school, it is already after 9. I try to run any errands before coming home. So if I get home around 10:30 - 11:00am this week it is already too hot to get anything done outside. And next week will be out because I have to be back a week before the workdays thanks to the senior class who decided that it would be the best time to get the newly inaugurated "Senior Wall" completed. Ever since I signed on as advisor for the class of 2008, new events have been added to the responsibilities of the classes thereby adding to the responsibilities of the advisors. I am not sure I would have taken on the task had all these chores been in place when I signed on. But, this is the last year coming up. I have had several different co advisors, I guess I was the only one foolish enough to persevere through it all.

No comments: