Thursday, August 2, 2007

August 2, 2007

Today may have been a little more productive than yesterday. I made to rehang the speakers on the deck today. I cut new wire, tested it with the speakers. I got a little side tracked by cleaning the floor of the screened-in porch (a lot of stuff falls between the floor boards and gets trapped by the screening underneath!). I was also interrupted by the cable guy. The cable had been freezing up on certain channels, to the point of annoyance, so I called the cable company yesterday. They replaced the cable box with a new one and all is well.

Last night Evan had a rough night, which, of course, made it rough for me and Michelle. He woke up a few times scared. At 4am he awoke and would not go back to sleep without Michelle. So it was not until after 5am that he was back asleep. This made for a very long day for Evan and Michelle, well, probably longer for Michelle - kids can sometimes bounce back if they don't get enough sleep. However, Evan was difficult to wake this morning. Once he was up, he kept complaining of how tired he was. Once he ate his breakfast he was bounding around as usual. The nice thing, however, was this afternoon when we were getting out of the car from school, Evan apologized to me for being up and crying, as he said, "all night." I was very impressed with this unsolicited apology. It was quite mature for a six-year-old.

No comments: