Friday, June 29, 2007

June 29, 2007

I won! I won! Can you believe it? I actually won! What did I win, you ask? I won a pair of martini glasses from an internet radio station. Remember, on June 8, I mentioned a website, Martini in the Morning, that plays American standards, from Frank Sinatra, Tony Bennett, Dean Martin, and so on? Well, they had a simple little contest about members on their website. I answered correctly, and won! They said my name several times on the air for my request, for my winning the contest, and about how many teachers listen. And what was a bit weird was my sister was listening at home in New York. She called me when she heard my name. Cool!

But, about the internet radio station, and all internet radio in general, please listen up and help. If you value choice and diversity in music, if you value choice, please go to SaveNetRadio.org and support their effort to protcet internet radio. It seems that recent rulings have set rates for broadcasters too high for small broadcasters, such as those on the internet, to be able to afford. Congress is looking at a bill, the (H.R. 2060 & S. 1353) Internet Radio Equality Act, that will keep these royalty rates affordable and hence keep diversity in the music available to the listeners. I hope you will help! Thanks.

No comments: