Tuesday, June 19, 2007

June 19, 2007

I had a great opportunity Saturday night after the NY memorial celebration for Michelle's mom to meet someone I had known for years. (You are asking yourself, "how do you meet someone you have already known for years?") The plan was to meet Michelle's friend, Rebecca, at a bar on Woodcleft Ave. Not knowing the exact arrangements, I showed up a little bit late and caught up with Rebecca and Joanna. I was very glad to see them both (it also didn't hurt that I was at a table with the two most attractive women in the place!). It was nice to sit and have drinks with people I don't usually get to see.

But what I got was more than I expected, I actually got to meet Rebecca, really, for the first time. That is to say, I have known Rebecca for quite some time, since high school, but never really had the chance to sit and talk with her until that night. What I discovered was that I had missed out on knowing this intelligent, radient, and confident person. But not any more. Her personality is contagious and I am grateful for being able to have spent that time getting to know her.

Oh, if you haven't noticed (and I don't suppose you did!) I was advised to change my profile pic, so I did!

No comments: