Monday, June 25, 2007

June 25, 2007

Wow! What a day! Ok, utter sarcasm. Let's see, how exciting was today.... ho hum.. oh yes, I woke up (always a good thing!), Got Evan ready for school. Took Evan to school. Went to Home Depot to buy a few things to help fix the rails on Rae and Jeff's porch (it was pretty expensive, I broke out the plastic for the $5.00 it cost!), oh and while I was there, I dropped off a business card so I could win some tools - that's what Mr. Bill from Home Depot told the fathers to do at Evan's "Book, Bite & Build" event they had at school last Tuesday. Then I came home and mowed the lawn - an added benfit is that I didn't lose any fingers of mow over any of Michelle's award winning flower beds (see, that was actually pretty easy since Michelle doesn't have any award winning flower beds!) Then I wasted a lot of time doing nothing in the office. But the good news was that when I noticed that I was wasting time, I decided to take all the books off the shelves in order to say that I am accomplishing something! See, so now instead of having over a hundred books on shelves in my office, they are on the coffee table in the living room, I accomplished something!

I did manage to pick Evan up from school on time today (I am always on time, fortunately!) Got Evan to swim lessons, on time. Had dinner at Bear Rock cafe. Went to Borders to buy a gift card, went home and gave Evan a bath, and now I am here wasting time on the computer again. Another productive day!

We do like Evan's swim instructor, Mack. He got Evan to do things in the lesson that his instructor last year, Nina, couldn't get him to do. Unfortunately for Evan, he is repeating the level 1 class because he didn't feel comfortable doing many of the things he was asked to do. Maybe this year he will be recommended for level 2!

No comments: