Wednesday, June 20, 2007

June 20, 2007

So summer break is in full swing. And I should be loving it, but, really, what is there to love about it? Sure, I don't have to go to work, I get to sit around in my underwear all day (if I desire - it can really get hot in North Carolina), I can read (trying to get through the Harry Potter series again before book 7 comes out in month!) But that's about it.

On the other hand, I get to walk around in denial of all the things that I could do around the house (I don't mean everyday chores, but what about that skylight that will leak a few drops once a year? or that toilet that runs sometimes?) Yeah, but that is work, I am off from work, right? But the absolute worst part about summer break is all the time I get to sit around and think - I HATE IT!!! I have inherited a miserable trait - the ability to make myself miserable. I am so much happier when I am just unhappy with work and a busy schedule.

Sure, so now, here I am blogging, to keep myself distracted. Part of my problem is if I am given too much time, I over analyze. What's worse, is that when I do that, I am usually right - not a gift folks, a bloody curse! Ugh! This isn't going so well since now I am analyzing the fact that I over analyze things.... wait... is the room starting to spin? are the edges getting fuzzy?

I can't possibly be entering...

into....

the....

Oh, wait... I just haven't had lunch yet. Whew. Ok, everything is coming back into focus.

No comments: