Tuesday, June 5, 2007

June 5, 2006

I had to take a little break from this blog. I haven't really been able to gather my thoughts into a meaningful post after the passing of Michelle's mom. Things have been different even though we are quite a physical distance from Maine. And that is part of the difficulty, Michelle has spent a lot of time with her father who is doing his best to adjust to life after Marsha, which is proving to be difficult task (as can be expected). But adjustments have to be made by all. I have to accept those changes, I can't deny them, I just have to be ready for whatever comes my way. We will be attending a memorial for Marsha in Maine this coming weekend and another one in New York the following weekend. I will be missing only one day of work since the school year will be done between the two memorials. Evan will be missing at least 3, maybe 4 days, as a result of the memorials. But that is neither here nor there, family comes first.

If you would like to leave a message regarding Marsha's passing, you may do so at the following link:
http://legacy.com/Newsday/GB/GuestbookView.aspx?PersonId=88638214

Last week I spent nearly every afternoon getting ready for Evan's birthday party which was this past Saturday, June 2. He is now 6! I can't believe it, how time flies. We had a fun time and the weather held off until the end of the afternoon. The new deck was a success, the bounce house was in the back for the first time. It was nice to have most everyone outside in the back yard. I bought and connected speakers for the deck. Only one was working. I will have to fix that.

Exams are in full swing. In fact, 3rd period just finished their exam and are waiting for the bell ring to go to 4th period review before departing early for the day. I have to administer an EOC tomorrow, I am a little nervous because I don't want to mess something up. It is simple enough but there are many places to make a mistake. Not to mention that I don't feel the students are ready for the test. Oh boy, only time will tell.

No comments: