Friday, June 22, 2007

June 22, 2007

Just an average day: took Evan to school, ran errands, did laundry, tinkered around on the computer and the internet. Nothing special there. I was inspired to create a MySpace page: http://www.myspace.com/mattcaggia It is a work in progress. We were discouraged at work to go to MySpace because there are "predators" on the internet and the last thing a teacher wants is to be seen as such. But I have decided that I just have to be careful. It is a personal site for me and my friends. That does not include students. Plain and simple. No students, period. Nor will I visit a student's MySpace page. Done and Done.

Michelle and I went to see Harry Connick, Jr. tonight at the Koka Booth Amphitheatre in Cary. Dan got us tickets and VIP parking passes - I must say VIP parking is quite nice, no waiting to leave, they held the traffic for us! The concert was cool, his band was awesome, all very talented musicians, he was good too, but you kinda know what you are getting with the headliner. Michelle was a little worried because we saw him in New York, at Jones Beach theatre more than 10 years ago. Harry Connick had began his foray into funk, but when he got on stage, and much of the crowd was expecting his jazz/blues and standards, he told them that if that is what they were looking for that they should go home because he wasn't going to do it (he did do a set of it anyway, but the most was his "funk"). He was funny to watch on stage, I didn't think he danced well, and he was a distraction from the musicians because while they played and were spotlighted, he would dance. The women all swooned over him (neither Michelle or myself can see why), so they missed out on the the music. Oh well, most of them were only there to see Harry Connick, not listen to the music.

No comments: