Sunday, September 30, 2007

September 30, 2007

All I have to say is, Seven runs in the first inning? Do you really want to make the playofs? Apparently not, and the Mets got their wish. Despite owning the NL East for the entire season, they gave it away this week and now get to play golf before the real post season contenders. Thank goodness for golf. Again, I am glad I don't still live in New York otherwise I couldn't escape the sobs from Mets fans. But being from New York, I guess I will have to root for the Phillies, or the Rockies who are in a playoff game with the Padres tomorrow (what, did you think I was going to say the Yankees? It would be a cold day in... well, you know how it goes.) Oh well, at least hockey season has started this weekend. The 'Canes will do better this year than last.

Today was interesting. Evan had another birthday party, except it was the first one where I dropped him off and didn't stay. I felt confident that he would be alright. The party was for the daughter of the class mom and was at their house. I wasn't worried about him, but as I drove away I felt a little weird. I had never dropped him off at a friends house to play or for a party. It was like a next step for him growing up. Kinda pulls on the heartstrings. But it is OK, it was actually a bit refreshing to know that he is big enough to handle being at a friend's house without me.

Yesterday Evan had another soccer game. Under normal circumstances he would have done a lot more standing around, but since it was cool out and we didn't play until noon, he was charged up. I have to say, it was his best performance yet. I am so pleased. I did my best to capture him on video so here it is (he is number 3 on the white team - Chik-fil-a). He had an opportunity to score but missed the ball. (It was just off camera) He even dribbled the ball some, which was a first. Regardless, he is getting better all the time and I am so proud of him. (And don't mind my coaching from the sideline, sometimes it seems to help. The voice next to me is another parent, Sandy, who was one of Evan's coaches from last year)



Part 1Part 2

No comments: