Sunday, September 2, 2007

September 2, 2007

This weekend was a little busier than anticipated. Saturday we Rae and Jeff celebrated their son's first birthday at the club house in their subdivision. It was fun, the kids got to use the pool and Jack is very cute! Later that evening, we had some friends over to cook out since Darren is visiting from Maryland. This became the new plan after the plan to see the JMU v. UNC football game fell through. And to top that off, we had an impromptu poker night. Which, I must say, I was doing pretty well in. I made a few mistakes, but over all, I was playing pretty smart, even when I let the "Lucky 8-ball" make my decisions for me. Behold the power of the 8-Ball!! I asked it simple questions, "will I win this hand?" "Should I play these cards?" And would you believe it, when I listened to the 8-ball which told me to do things that any poker player in their right mind would not have done, I won! So I believe in the power of the 8-ball,

[Enter Booming Voice]
and so should you!

For example, I had a 3 and 4 off-suit, I simple asked "Should I play these cards?" The 8-Ball told emphatically "yes", so I did. That hand I drew a straight on the turn. Nice. A few hands later, I held two spades (I don't remember which, but they were low cards and really were not cards worth holding). I asked the 8-Ball, "will I win this hand?" "It is decidedly so", replied my dark, round associate. So, despite my better judgement, I persevered. The flop and turn drew me two more spades, a spade on the river, and I would have a flush, a hand likely to win with. At which point Keith put me all in (and mind you, I had the second biggest stack behind only Keith), I called. But I was confident when I showed my two hole cards. It looked like I had nothing, not even a single pair to Keith's two pair. The dealer flipped up the river card and it was my 5th spade of the hand, which was not a surprise to me - the 8-ball predicted it.

More Than 500 Arrested In Copenhagen Riots (CBS News)
What do you expect? You send anti-terror squads to evict anarchists and punk-rockers from the building they had been "squatting" for several years and of course you get riots. These are anarchists! Any time government tries to exert some pressure on them they will riot since they do not recognize the authority of government. It is simple logic, really, why are they so surprised?


No comments: