Monday, September 10, 2007

September 10, 2007

OK, I'm back. Took a little break this weekend, I couldn't get into the news or anything so I didn't have much to say. But it Monday, another day of school, and all is well. Tonight was open house. Many parents came to the classes to meet the teacher (me) and to find out about the course, expectations, and so on. We are allotted 15 minutes for each class, then the bell rings and the parents move on. I always worry that I won't have enough content to keep the parents occupied for 15 minutes, but I always seems to go on past the bell. So that doesn't leave me up there in the front of the class as the target of questions about individual students. This isn't the forum for that.

On the way home this evening, (it was about 8:30 pm - that's right I was at work for 14 hours today) I drove with the windows down. It was a nice reliefs from the constant air conditioning I have been experiencing since the beginning of June(!). What I noticed was how much the temperature fluctuates on my ride home. If the fluctuation was enough for my to tell just by my skin, it must be a difference of somewhere between 5-10 degrees. Another coincidence (I think not) was that the cooler temperatures were where there were more trees. Could it be that the immediate temperature can be a function of the amount of trees in the vicinity? Is it possible that as we cut down more trees we are exposing ourselves to higher immediate temperatures? I suspect "yes" in my non-professional opinion. I am suggesting (and I could be totally wrong, I admit) that if there was less development in this area that the summers may be a bit more bearable (not to mention other things dealing with the infrastructure of the county). That sounds like a theory worth researching.

"Oops, [she] did it again." Looks like Britney Spears has flopped "one more time." From what I read, her performance on the MTV music awards was the most memorable part of the show. The critics complain that she seemed lethargic, out of shape, disinterested, forgot dance steps, and did a horrible job lip-sync-ing her song. What surprises me is that I can not find it on YouTube! I was certain that it would be easy to find. Let me look again. Hey I found it! Maybe rehab didn't work this time? It also looks like those shorts were fitted a few months ago.


-MC

No comments: