Thursday, October 4, 2007

October 4, 2007

Sorry about the break, but the week has been so busy that I haven't had time to sit down and blog. Well, actually, with Erik Prince on Capitol Hill this week, I have been doing some more research on Blackwater USA and on his statements, so I have been keeping myself busy to get enough information to have an educated opinion. Last night we went to the Carolina Hurricanes v. Montreal Canadiens hockey game. Although the 'Canes seemed to play well, they still lost in overtime (after a cheap penalty put them on the 4-3 penalty kill). I have to say, they look better than last year, and you don't have to look to far to find out that the Hurricanes were only the third team in history to go from Stanley Cup to missing the playoff altogether. But I sure did get a TON of pictures that all came out pretty good despite sitting in the upper deck (306). We had a lot of fun at the game. It was Evan, Michelle, Mercer, and me. Yes, I brought my camera. It was the first time I had done so. I may have gone a littel overboard on the pictures, I took 111. But it was fun, nonetheless. I got some great shots here and there, and some not so good shots too. (Click on the pictures to see larger view).

It was opening night. Above the introduced this season's team.

Huet had to stretch to make this save. The puck is actually in his glove here!

The Ray Whitney (13) just misses a chance for the 'Canes!

Cam Ward has to make another save here (above).

Things happen so fast that even the players don't see the puck sometimes. In the above picture, the puck is at Cam Ward's (Goalie, #30) waist but the players are still looking at it's source. They haven't even had a chance to fully react yet!

Above is an animated .gif of Bret Hedican's goal to tie the game in the 3rd period (click on it to animate).

No comments: