Wednesday, May 23, 2007

May 23, 2007

I love and hate the end of the school year. As the year winds down, the pressure cranks up. More and more pressure to make sure all our deadlines are met. Whew, it is exhausting. But one thing is for sure, in another couple of weeks it will be all over, one way or another.

Evan's birthday is next week and his birthday party is next weekend. I wish I wasn't so busy with school. I need to make the invitations. I will have time to make them this weekend, but Michelle wants to send them before the weekend. It is already Wednesday night, that deadline is drawing way too close.

Michelle hasn't told me anything about her mom today. She must be tired of talking about it. Art's cousin Susan and sister Bernice arrived this afternoon. Some more company with Marsha's brother Bruce. Kim visited for an overnighter from Atlanta Monday to Tuesday.

Despite all of what is going on and the inevitable approaching, if I step back and think about it, I know what is going to happen and yet it doesn't feel real. More surreal. Like I am watching a movie in my head, that this type of thing only happens on We Network or Oh! Network shows. I don't know. I guess like Evan, intuitively I know what is going on, but it won't really hit me until I see Art and no Marsha. Recently, I have been gathering lots of memories in my head. I will share them one day.

No comments: