Tuesday, May 8, 2007

May 07, 2007

For an average day, I sure was busy! Since this weekend was exceptionally eventful, I arrived at work today having not prepared at all for the week - I hate feeling unprepared. Even though the students didn't notice I was unprepared, the I knew I wasn't so I was feeling quite stressed all day.

On a good note, I distributed interim reports today, 4 days early, and in all my classes there has been steady progress, especially regarding the number of students failing. That is, with each progress report, fewer and fewer students are failing. It seems that the students are beginning to figure out what to do to pass, even though I have been telling them all along - homework!

I also took the opportunity today to tell the classes about my mother-in-law's condition and that there is a lot of non-work related stress on me and that I will do my best to not show it, but I am sure that it will be inevitable.

Also, the county though it would be a good idea to have people from curriculum and instruction to audit ALL the schools in the county to day in order to make sure that all the teachers are teaching. I don't understand it, but I guess somebody needs some data for a report or something.

"I think the person who had had more experience of hardships can stand more firmly in the face of problems than the person who has never experienced suffering. From this angle then, some suffering can be a good lesson for life." - His Holiness, the Dalai Lama

No comments: