Friday, May 4, 2007

May 04, 2007

Nothing all that exciting today. It was a teacher workday. I got to work almost two hours late, I volunteered to take my son to school (which is on the other side of the county). So by the time I fought through the other cars on the road it was 9:45 (I am supposed to be in on a workday at 8:00!). But that is ok, because I still put in my 8 hours, I didn't leave until 6:00.

The day did start a bit poorly. I thought it would be a nice change to take my son to school so my wife could go in early to catch up on her work, but instead it led to more frustration than it was worth. First, he dragged his heels about finishing his breakfast and getting dressed, and then he still had to finish a little project for school! And just as I was ready to walk out the door did I realize that I never made him lunch. I better get used to it, otherwise this summer break (while he is in year-round school) may seem longer than needs to be!

No comments: