Friday, May 23, 2008

May 22, 2008 - Goooooaaaaaallllllll!!!!!!!

Today was a pretty good day. For all my worrying about the plans for my 2nd period class, they seem to have gone well. Of course, one student seems to have ruined it for the rest (the same students who is not even zoned for this school and whom I have complained about on several occasions so far - March 17, 2008 and April 11, 2008). The teacher who was covering my class needed to submit a discipline referral form on her. Oh well, you misbehave and act up, you get in trouble. End of story.

The day was dominated by practicing and rehearsing for the Senior Assembly. I think it will go over well. The senior speeches are good and inspirational, the senior slide show will be a good one - despite it having a few teachers in it, and I, an advisor for all 4 years, and a colleague, an advisor for 2.5 years do not appear once. After school they practiced in the gym with the microphone and speakers in order to get used to the acoustics. What is more, I get to be working on the assembly and picnic all day! I don't have to be in class at all. Well, I did tell the teacher who is covering my class 1st period not to get here until 8:00 because I will not be needed until then.

This morning one of my freshman students came to class and there was quite a bit of hubbub surrounding her. I didn't want to be nosy so I didn't pry. But it soon became apparent once the announcement happened. The smallest girl in the class scored the winning goal in double overtime last night to propel Leesville into the State Women's Soccer championship tomorrow night! Very exciting. She is a freshman and stands about 4'11".

Bronson Boots Pride (Newsobserver.com)
Leesville Showing its Soccer Pride (NewsObserver.com)

No comments: