Thursday, August 7, 2008

August 7, 2008: Java Stinks!

Last night, before I went to bed, I ran some updates on my computer from Microsoft. One of the reasons was that web browsers keep crashing (yes, I did say browserS - both Internet Explorer and Firefox). All seemed to go well, that is to say, they all installed fine, and of course, I would need to restart Windows in order for them all to go in to effect. But, since it was already late, I figured I could just shut down and they would complete the process in the morning when I start up the computer. Well, once that video driver kicked into effect, my display went hay wire. OK, maybe not hay wire, but it altered my resolution (all the way down to 640x480 with low colors), and every time I tried to fix it, it would not take. I tried to restore my PC to the last restore point, Windows said it could not do that. I ran the PC in Safe Mode to try and alter the settings there, I tried to log in to Evan's profile and change the settings from there, nothing would work. So Mercer got a phone call at work, where I told him, "You are coming over tonight to fix my computer." And he did, by installing my video drivers, and reinstalling. So here I am, after all day, finally back on my computer. So what does this have to do with Java? I set out to correct a problem in my browsers with Java.

Other than that, not much. I watched a movie today, Trade. A VERY good movie, but I will mention more of that on "Matt's Meandering Meditations."

No comments: