Wednesday, April 9, 2008

April 9, 2008 - New Office

Most of the time when people talk about getting a new office they are referring to on the job. But not me, I don't have an office, per se. I am talking about my home office. As I mentioned a few days ago, while Evan and I were in New York, Michelle, with the help of Dan and his dad redid my office. They pulled up the carpet, and installed Pergo flooring. They tore down the wall paper and painted. Michelle even bought my new office furniture! It is nice! The problem is that in order to redo the office, my room exploded into the living room! It is amazing to see how much stuff I had crammed into this small room. But all this clutter is stressing me out! I began putting the furniture together today, and I will do it one piece or two per day and this weekend I will move back in and purge my clutter in the process.

Today I finally mowed my front yard. And believe it or not, it is actually starting to look better! There are places without grass yet, but over all, most of the weeds are gone and the grass looks healthy. I am happy with the result and can't wait until I get grass where some has yet to grow.

School was OK today. But clearly it is never too soon to begin reviewing. I am a little worried that by the end of the semester the students will remember very little from the beginning of the semester. I think it is even more frustrating now because I expect the students to at least half remember things we learned before spring break. But the next question is, with so much of the curriculum yet to teach, how will have the time to review in class as well?

No comments: