Friday, April 4, 2008

April 4, 2008 - Back Home

Evan and I had a nice time in New York with my parents. We really did do a lot in a short time. And we have plenty of pictures to show for it!

It was nice today to sleep late in my own bed though. Evan and I laid low most of the day until we met Michelle to buy some new office furniture. So not only did the office get a makeover, I am getting some new furniture to boot! Nice. Happy Birthday to me. Thanks Dan and Barry for helping Michelle, especially with the floor. That sure was a great birthday present.

Tonight we went to the Hurricanes game. It was the last of the season, and all they had to do in order to ensure a spot in the playoffs was to win against a non-playoff team. And they lost, 4-3. So it is very possible that they could miss the playoffs altogether. They may not have enough points to make the top eight in the east and if the Washington Capitals beat the Florida Panthers tomorrow (the team that beat the Hurricanes tonight) then the 'Canes will go from 3rd in the east to out. So for now, the collective Caniac Nation holds its breath.




Today the Bureau of Labor Statistics released the latest unemployment data. Needless to say, it was not good. That is to say, unemployment increased again, for the third straight month. Read my thoughts at "Matt's Meandering Meditations".

No comments: