Thursday, April 3, 2008

April 2, 2008 - NYC

Today was a pretty busy day, well once it got started. Evan figured out that we would be going to the circus today. So the surprise was gone and he didn't seem disappointed that we wouldn't be going to the Bronx Zoo. Since the circus began at 7:30pm I decided that we didn't need to get into the city too early. I planned for a train around 2pm in order to get into the city around 3pm-ish. Once we got to the city we had some time to kill so we went to the Central Park Zoo, which, by the way, is nothing like the Central Park Zoo portrayed in the movie "Madagascar." In fact, it is a very small zoo without much to see. I was disappointed but it was just as well because we didn't feel rushed or that we missed anything and we left just in time to meet Lisa for dinner. It worked out nice. I will add pictures to this post soon.

The circus was fun even though it was the "Blue Show." I bet you didn't know that there are three shows for Ringling Bros. circus? There are, and they alternate venues each year. The "Red Show" features the clown Bello and a 3-ring circus (this is what I was hoping we would see). The "Blue Show" features a single ring but more of a story involving the Ring Master. And the all new "Gold Show" seems to feature far more animals (I have yet to see a Gold Show). The Blue Show this year is titled "Over the Top" which pits the Ring Master against the lead clown in a competition over who can put together the better circus/show. But in the end, they finally agree that they can put together a better show if they work together. I will add pictures to this post soon.

By the time the circus was over and we got back to my parents it was after 11:30pm and Evan was wiped out. It is pretty late here and that is why I will be adding picture to this post tomorrow, either from my parents, or from home - Evan and I have a 3:55pm flight from JFK tomorrow. But, since Michelle and Dan completely made-over my office while Evan and I were away, I may not be able to do picture from home tomorrow. I might be best to try and do it before I leave here. We shall see.

Here are the pictures of the circus!

No comments: