Wednesday, November 21, 2007

November 21, 2007

At least we know there won't be a clean sweep, the New England Revolution lost the MLS championship this past weekend and it doesn't look good for the Boston College Eagles to play in the college championship after losing two straight games. The best Bostonians can hope for now is to sweep the remaining pro sport championships. The Boston Red Sox have already won the World Series, the New England Patriots look unbeatable and en route to winning the Super Bowl (unfortunately), the Boston Red Sox are off to a hot start (9-1) giving them a great chance in the NBA, and in the NHL since more than half the teams make the playoffs, there is no telling how far the Boston Bruins can go (they are currently 7th in the Eastern Conference). In the past, I used to think of New England, especially Boston, as being rich in history, a quaint region with considerable influence, having a passionate dedication to their sports teams. Now, I hate them. I hate the New England Patriots. I don't mind that they "run up the score" I just hate hearing "will they go 19-0?" or "just how good is the golden boy, Tom Brady?" Ugh, I feel nauseous just thinking about it. I used to like the Boston Red Sox as a legitimate rival to the New York Yankees (whom I hate as much as Osama bin Laden and George W. Bush), but now, I am sick of them too - Big Papi, Manny, Schilling and his bloody sock, blah blah blah, . Enough already, I am now sick of New England and Boston and their sports teams.

No comments: