Saturday, November 10, 2007

November 10, 2007

Saturdays can be so boring. We are always looking forward to the weekend, and yet when it gets here, I am bored. And what is worse, I don't want to do anything about it. I am almost content to be bored on a Saturday, but I try to make up for it on Sunday. But I don't really mind, so long as I spend some good time with Evan. For example, I didn't get dressed out of my pjs until about 1pm. At which time I went outside, mowed the lawn, blew leaves off the roof and tried to deal with Michelle's iPod problems. Unfortunately I think I have narrowed it down, bad USB port. It works fine with most devices, but once you use something that needs power, I think it is bad. The reason I say this is because Michelle's new iPod is now acting the same way as her previous. It will sync and add songs from here iTunes library to her iPod but then it craps out and won't fully start. It keeps trying to start, but the Apple splash screen comes up, the hard drive engages, clicks one or twice, then it powers off and repeats. Any attempt to reset it by holding the buttons does nothing. Last time I had to wait for the battery to completely die and plug it into the AC outlet to get any type of response from the buttons. So tomorrow I am going to bring her laptop in to get the USB ports tested. But to compound my frustration, I don't understand why I did not buy the service plan on her computer. I was obviously having an idiot moment. I can't explain it.

We are also dealing with a VERY loose tooth for Evan. His ... Wait, Michelle just came downstairs with news, she pulled out his tooth while he was sleeping. He didn't even wake up. Good thing too, would have hated to have to deal with him if he did wake up to find Michelle trying to pull it out. All day and last night his tooth was hanging on by a thread, his permanent tooth has been showing. He probably could have flicked it out with his tongue, but of course he was too afraid to do it, he was afraid it would bleed. We had been bribing him to pull it out for two days, Dan offered him a dollar, I offered him a video game, and anything else he said he wanted I told him I would get it right there on the spot if he pulled it out. Tonight, while he was laying in bed, he was crying that he was going to miss his tooth and that he wishes he could keep all his teeth.

No comments: