Tuesday, June 17, 2008

June 17, 2008 - Fathers' Day & Summer Break, so far

I really need to update this more often!

School is out! Yay! I survived and am enjoying my summer so far. It is nice to have to get up somewhat early in order to get Evan ready for school; I am usually out of bed around 7 - 7:15 to make sure I have his lunch made and ready before he wakes up. The days are pretty quiet after I drop him off, it is nice. I don't have a chance to get bored because there is so much to do, both have to and want to - I work in a little of both each day. The office floor is still in progress, that is to say, we are working on completing the thresholds. It shouldn't take this much time or energy, but the unforeseen will always show when you want a job to go easily. As if that wasn't enough, and quite frankly, it wasn't, we now have eight new doors to install around the house (Home Depot was having a sale - 6 panel doors, all sizes, $25). In addition to replacing the doors in the office, we are replacing the doors upstairs in the hallway (3 bedrooms, 1 bathroom, 1 closet). It should be a little challenging since they are not bored, I will have to rout the doors for the hinges and bore the holes for the knobs - it will probably be more time consuming than I will anticipate (I think the "Rule of 4" will apply - if it is a project that you are not very familiar with, take the expected amount of time necessary and multiply by 4, that should result in how long the project will actually take!).

Fathers' Day was this past weekend. I have to say, it was probably the best Fathers' Day I have had in my now 7 years of being a Dad, not that we did anything out of the ordinary. We got up and Michelle made a variety of pancakes to choose from - plain, blueberry, banana. Next we went to Putt Putt to play miniature golf, ride the Go Karts and play some games. We then stopped at Taco Bell to pick up some lunch and bring it to Lake Johnson pool. From there, after changing from our bathing suits, we went to see Kung Fu Panda (funny movie, I highly recommend it!). And finally we went to dinner at Ruckus Pizza. Clearly a full day. It was very enjoyable!



I have been able to post some pictures on my MyPhotoAlbum site:
The Boys at Monkey Joes, April 6, 2008
My Birthday Dinner at Biaggi's, April 7, 2008
Brendan's 5th Birthday Party at Jump Zone, May 3, 2008
Strawberry Picking, May 17 & 18
Evan's 7th Birthday Pictures

No comments: