Monday, January 28, 2008

January 28, 2008

OMG! Are you watching the same thing I am? Did he actually say that? I know, I can't believe it either! I can't believe that I am watching/listening to the State of the Union Address.

1) George W. Bush actually says that Congress should have a balanced budget and that he will cut bloated government program. My question, does that include graft and the war in Iraq and Afghanistan?

2) He says that a decent education is the only way for many children to achieve their dreams, obviously it wasn't necessary for the Bush. He is harping on and on about failing public schools, what about failing private schools, like the ones he attended?

3) I am appalled at the beginning of his speech. He was actually threatening the Democrat dominated Congress with veto after veto. I was wondering, how does that give us the "State of the Union?"

4) He wants more manufacturing in the United States. I would like to see him support laws that will protect American jobs from being outsourced overseas.... for a change.

5) Energy security? How can he and his big oil buddies benefit from energy security? Where will the big profits come if the prices do not stay high?

6) Limit carbon emissions? Is he admitting that there is global warming? Then why not sign on the the Kyoto Protocols, as a starting point upon which to improve?

7) Ted Turner? Did I just see Ted Turner in the house of Congress for the State of the Union Address?

8) By asking Congress to pass laws banning unethical practices, does that included corruption in the Food and Drug Administration and will actually prevent the approval of drugs that kill, and are known to kill?

9) Did he just say that the Constitution should be respected? When did he have this change of heart?

10) By supporting faith-based groups, does that include the Muslim faith or will they continue to be discriminated as "terrorist" organizations?

11) Here comes the Social Security reform. Beating a dead horse. He is worried about deficits, um, did you pay attention to how many billions of dollars that flow into Iraq and Afghanistan (and not into New Orleans)?

12) Is it just me, or are you also repulsed every time Bush talks about "high ideals?"

I can't watch any more. I am done here. Actually, I expected him to get up and tell us how he and his friends have hoodwinked the United States and once his term is done how they will make off with billions of our tax dollars and the next president will deal with the economic problems caused by it.

No comments: